We will communicate a potential, new date soonest we have feedback from Overberg Municipality…
- 7km – R140.00 – Includes a boerewors roll and finish line, hand made medal. [You can purchase a branded, technical race cap at R100.00. This will be an option on the entry form]
- 18km – R370.00 – Includes a boerewors roll at the finish, a branded, technical race cap and finish line, hand made medal.
- 30km – R490.00 – Includes a boerewors roll at the finish, a branded, technical race cap and finish line, hand made medal.
All three distances are timed. Your race number to be worn on the front. Race numbers etc will be given to you when you register on the Friday evening before the run or the Saturday morning. Please come and register on the Friday if you are already in Hermanus – it speeds up our and your admin.
We will have finish line drinks and each finisher will receive a custom made, race branded, coffee coaster cut from exotic/invasive species timber.
ENTRIES CLOSE ON 8 October at midnight, or once the limit is reached.
- Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Fir Avenue – off the R43, near Grotto Beach.
- 34°23’57.59″S and 19°15’58.14″E
- Senior Male [16-39]
- Senior Female [16-39]
- Vet Male [40+]
- Vet Female [40+]
- Masters Male (50+)
- Masters Female (50+)
- JUNIOR U/16 – ONLY FOR THE 7KM OPTION
REGISTRATION & COLLECT RACE NUMBERS – Fernkloof Nature Reserve.
Friday, 16 October: 18h00 – 20h00
Saturday, 17 October: 06h00 – 07h00
Run briefing: 07h15
- 30km – 7h30
- 18km – 7h40
- 7km – 7h50
No late entries. No refunds unless Doctor’s certificate/letter received on the Doctors letterhead. Any refunds will also be affected by any fees we may have paid already such as reserve fees/race caps/admin fees. Substitutions allowed at a R100.00 admin fee but no substitutions after 14 October.
Compulsory kit for the 18km and 30km: Please adhere to this. You will not be allowed to run the 18km or 30km if you do not have a waterproof rain jacket. Please ensure you “know” the difference between a “wind breaker” and a ” waterproof rain jacket”. We recommend the First Ascent, light weight option. www.firstascent.co.za
- Runners must be self sufficient and carry enough water and food to sustain them for the entire route. There are some clean,fresh water streams on the 18km and 30km run at approximately 8km / 12km / 20km.
- Cell phone – Save this on you phone 082 658 3078 [Ugene Nel] for emergency use only.
- 100% water proof rain jacket with a hood and long sleeves to the race. Make sure that it is a waterproof jacket and not just a wind-proof jacket. It must have long sleeves and a hood. We’ll do a kit inspection before the start.
- Card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s tel number, Medical insurance number, emergency tel number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. You can use a ziplock bag or something similar to put it in.
- Never run if you’ve been sick, shortly before the run or about to get flu etc
- Stay on the trails/no short-cuts
Right of admission reserved.
ROUTE PROFILES. All the runs are clockwise.